Bone Pain And Senior Balance Exercises
Senior Balance Exercises For Those With Bone Pain
By Suzanne Stoke, Physical Therapist @ Exercise For Balance via www.exerciseforbalance.com
As we age, there are some very predictable symptoms that older adults experience which can be minimized by a lifestyle of physical fitness including practicing senior balance exercises. Please see http://www.exerciseforbalance.com/buy-now As we age, many in the older population experience common maladies such as;
– Decreased eyesight, diminished visual acuity, macular degeneration or cataracts
– Decreased muscle strength and noticeable muscle atrophy
– Reduced lung capacity and shortness of breath with mild exertion during daily routines
– Decreased heart function and generalized fatigue with activities
– Decreased balance abilities and a greater risk for falling -Increased muscle aches and pains and increased joint pain Often times, joint pain can be diagnosed as osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis is a chronic degenerative joint disorder having a significant economic impact on our health system world wide. Osteoarthritis is known to be most frequent in the lower extremity, especially the knee joint, where pathological joint impact and shear forces as well as posttraumatic risk factors cause early cartilage degeneration and “joint aging” . The predominant symptoms are pain, a decreased joint range of motion (ROM) and stiffness, muscle weakness around the adjoining joints and atrophy, joint effusion and swelling, and physical disability. Osteoarthritis can often times lead to secondary problems as causing difficulties with mobility and imbalance. Osteoarthritis symptoms can make it difficult for an older adult to climb stairs or even get out of a chair. Additionally, osteoarthritis can make it hard for an aging individual to complete daily chores like cleaning the house or walking the dog. Thankfully, there are a few practical tips you can follow if you start to feel pain creeping into your joints. As an example, partaking in exercises that strengthen the muscles around the aching joint will help to stabilize and protect the joint, thereby decreasing the pain. Furthermore, by practicing senior balance exercises you can improve your steadiness and reduce the risk of falling that accompanies joint pain and stiffness.
Senior Balance Exercises For Painful Knees
Practicing senior balance exercises every day can help you build strong balance abilities to avoid falling and those injuries that occur with Falls. For older adults, there are several basic stability routines that can be practiced every day to help enhance overall steadiness. As an example, you can practice walking down a hallway along an imaginary line in a heel to toe fashion. This tandem walking routine will help to build strong and fast balance reactions at your feet and ankles. Having strong balance reactions translates into necessary balance when walking on uneven surfaces like thick grass, thick carpet, hiking trails or uneven sidewalks. to maximize your stability skills, You can learn how to correctly perform tandem walking routines by following the instructions of a qualified physical therapist as she explains and demonstrates certain senior balance exercises developed for those in the aging population and presented in the exercise for balance DVD.
Senior Balance Exercises In The Exercise For Balance DVD
To minimize joint pain and improve your overall steadiness, get started on a course of the best balance exercises with the Exercise For Balance DVD. The healthcare provider recommended Exercise For Balance DVD is a high quality instructional DVD to use at home or in a group setting. The easy to understand and simple to follow Exercise For Balance DVD includes a step by step series of the latest balance and strength exercises necessary to optimize senior fitness and to carry out basic daily activities like shopping, doing laundry, walking, standing, cleaning house, stair climbing or to advance to more difficult pursuits like skiing, dancing, playing golf and hiking. In the comprehensive Exercise For Balance DVD, you will learn how to improve stability, how to apply steadiness techniques and how to safely execute balance routines from a qualified balance specialist — licensed Physical Therapist—who has worked with balance and dizziness disorders for over 25 years. Get your copy of the Exercise For Balance DVD by clicking on the BUY NOW button
Don’t wait. Start balance exercises today with the Exercise For Balance DVD to improve balance and prevent falls.
For more information see http://www.mayoclinic.com/health-information/
Comments are closed.